- 1kg/2.2lb lean boneless rolled lamb shoulder or mini shoulder joint,
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper,
- 60ml/4tbsp mint jelly,
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime,
- 500ml/18floz light lamb stock (made with ½ stock cube),
- 15ml/1tbsp gravy granules,
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Season the joint and open roast for the calculated cooking time.*(see below)
- 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time mix together the mint jelly and the lime zest and juice.
- Spoon or brush over the lamb.
- When cooked transfer the lamb onto a dish, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gravy; skim off any excess fat from the roasting tin and discard.
- Add the stock and stir well to remove any rich lamb juices and sediment from the bottom of the pan.
- Strain into a saucepan, bring to the boil and stir in the gravy granules.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and add the mint.
- Serve with roast potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli and any remaining mint and lime jelly.
Medium 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes